Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Where are the Altec lovers?

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    Seems odd to me that Altec on Ebay has a ton of interest.
    But here, we have what, maybe 50 or less regular contributors?

    Where are the enthusiasts?

    Ron

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dgwojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Many are over on audiokarma - there's quite a few threads on Altecs, others are over on Lansing Heritage, but this is to me the most dedicated site for Altecs and GPA speakers.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Mike Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2005
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What Dave said. Plus it's a lot less flammable here. Well except for that trouble maker Feesh. forums

    I just picked up another pair of Valencias hoping for better cabinets. I need to get some expendable speakers to improve my refinishing skills before I attempt the Vals.

    I couldn't pass them up for the price and was going to be in training near there so drove to Ca. and picked them up.

    Mike

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Mike Gibson:
    ...except for that trouble maker Feesh. forums
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey, someboby's gotta keep all you old geezers awake long enough for Nurse Rachet to get your meds down yer gullets... forums

    It's largely a thankless job too, all I get is the satisfaction from imagined hissy fits and tantrums... forums

    Knowing you have limited time left to finish your projects Mike, I'll disclose a lazy man's secret. If you have an Ace Hrdware nearby (and who doesn't), grab a can or two of this Howards product. It comes in several flavors, so grab the right one. I only know of a few miracles-in-a-can, and this stuff's the only one besides DeOxIt and SeaFoam fuel system cleaner/stabilizer.

    As to Ron's Q, most of the Altec lovers I know personally are "normal" people with diverse interests and busy schedules that haven't the time or inclination to post about their stereo gear on some forum. You must need to be a little "over the top" into it to spend the time we do talking about it. It's their loss though, for not getting to know this motley crew. forums

    The eBay phenom is another thing entirely. That's $ lovers rather than Altec lovers. Flippers keep the numbers up, some of the stuff you see has already been bought and sold several times (and gets thrown around in shipping accordingly). I've begun to believe that there are far fewer numbers of Altec lovers than the number of eBay sales would indicate. In other words, there's a smaller crowd of guys with more Altec gear than they'll ever use...some suckers are even paying storage on...stuff... forums

    It's all about the music though, all about the music.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Mike Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2005
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Geezer? That does it Feesh. I'm sending Guido or Bubba down there to take care of you/ forums

  6. #6
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Untwist your panties, it was only a relative inference...

    If Bubba & Co can dig worms, send 'em down. It's VERY near that time... forums

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Ernie L's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2007
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know where the rest of the Altec fans are but I'm in south west new Hampshire..a very little berg called Chesterfield
    altec3ig9
    Yes it's a bit cramped..but I've waited a long time to own my own home and a pair of great speakers..they are staying

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by RonSS:
    Where are the enthusiasts?

    Ron
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Probably listening to their Altecs!

    forums

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm always thrilled to see another M19 owner Ernie!

    "...They are staying" I love it!

    One thing, I've always been to afraid to put mine so close to the TV. I'd assume no problems then?


    Russ

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Ernie L's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2007
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No problems with the TV at all Russ...I think that comes from the magnets being quite a ways in from the edge of the speakers... I had a much more narrow tower type speaker before this that caused all kinds of havoc with the TV..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.